skip naar content skip naar hoofdnavigatie spring naar service navigatie
sluit
Hulp nodig?

Chat is online op maandag t/m vrijdag van 10.00 - 16.00 uur en van 19.00 - 22.00 uur.

Op dit moment zijn we offline. Je kunt je vraag stellen via e-mail of WhatsApp: 06-12887717 (alleen berichtjes)

Meer informatie over de chat-service? Klik hier

Online op dit moment

Stel je vraag

Ans Holman
Ans Holman RA Tilburg
Menu
sluit
Hulp nodig?

Chat is online op maandag t/m vrijdag van 10.00 - 16.00 uur en van 19.00 - 22.00 uur.

Op dit moment zijn we offline. Je kunt je vraag stellen via e-mail of WhatsApp: 06-12887717 (alleen berichtjes)

Meer informatie over de chat-service? Klik hier

Online op dit moment

Stel je vraag

Ans Holman
Ans Holman RA Tilburg

Jan de Bruijn born around 1729/30 in Herpt

harriet vertelde op 5 november 2011 om 04:50 uur
Jan was married to Emmeke van Gammeren on 23-05-1762 in Hedikhuizen. I am searching for any information on Jan and his parents.

Reacties (11)

Norah zei op 5 november 2011 om 15:01
Harriet,

you can visit the site- www.salha.nl-.
You will find further information about the area of Heusden and your family. It's also written in English.
The only fact I found was your ancestors were blacksmiths.
And maybe Jan was born at 26-01-1727, his parents were not mentioned.
Harriet zei op 6 november 2011 om 00:57
Thank you Norah, it seems my search will end with Jan. I have been searching all the dutch databases for years now and have not found anything. I will keep hoping and checking :)
Helena zei op 6 november 2011 om 06:04
Harriet,

In 1815, when Emmeke van Gammeren passed away, it was recorded that she was a widow. Thus Jan de Bruijn must have passed away after his wife conceived their last child in ? and before 1815 when Emmeke passed away.

In the marriage supplements belonging to the marriage of their son Jan de Bruijn and Sijke Blijenberg in 1830 in Herpt, there is an official statement made in the presence of the Justice of the Peace in Heusden. In brief: Four elderly men declare before the JP that they have known the father of the bridegroom. That his father's name was Jan de Buijn and that he passed away a long time ago.

They also declare that they have heard about the grandparents of the bridegroom; that they haven't known them personally, but that their names were: Jan de Bruijn and Cornelia Stevense - and Antonie van Gammeren and Francijna Bax.
Also that there are no extracts of the relevant records available since regular record-keeping in Herpt was not maintained in those days and /or that these relevant records may be lost.

See: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11569-56611-48?cc=1554394&wc=5810516

This is 'oral history' and surely one has to querry the accuracy...

Though the names of the following generation can 'confirm' a connection to grandparents [whose names were Jan, Cornelia, Antonie and Francijna].
Via Salha search engine:
The children of Jan de Bruijn and Emmeke van Gammeren:
Jan de Bruijn
Anthonij de Bruijn
Cornelia de Bruijn
Francis de Bruijn
Cornelia de Bruijn
Anthonis de Bruijn

Via Salha search engine also [perhaps already known to you?]:
Antoni van Gammeren married Francijna Peterse van Dijck
Marriage 18 Jan 1722 Hedikhuizen
Their children:
Maria van Gammeren
Tonia van Gammeren
Emmeke van Gammeren
Agnieta van Gammeren
Adriana van Gammeren
Harriet zei op 6 november 2011 om 06:55
Thank you for going to so much trouble Helena. Maybe this information will lead to something else, if not I have a little bit more information :)
Helena zei op 6 november 2011 om 07:28
Pleasure! - It didn't take long: In BHIC I found the son married in 1830.
Knowing that marriage supplements were needed and hoping they were not lost..

In case you don't know yet: you will find the scans available via Familysearch a bit faster via this link: http://www.genver.nl/indexnb.htm
find Herpt and away you go...

Nothing from before 1811 though.
Harriet zei op 6 november 2011 om 07:36
I didn't know about those scans....thanks very much
Norah zei op 6 november 2011 om 15:29
Jan and his wife Cornelia(Kornelia) Stevens were also appearing as witnesses at Bergen op Zoom (christening).

Maybe your relatives de Bruijn came from this part of the country?
Harriet zei op 7 november 2011 om 01:26
Maybe they did :)

I will search further there, thank you.
Helena zei op 7 november 2011 om 02:55
Via Salha search:
Cornelia de Bruijn, bapt. 10 aug 1750 in Herpt; witness: Cornelia van Zutphen [noted as the widow of Jan de Bruijn].
Parents: Nicolaas de Bruijn and Elisabeth Bax. [he is noted as blacksmith in the marriage entry in 1746][Elisabeth Bax buried on 2 okt 1753 Heusden / Herpt]

Perhaps the witness was the gandmother of the baptized child, and thus the mother of Nicolaas de Bruijn, and perhaps also of the elusive Jan de Bruijn? Perhaps she is the same person as Cornelia Stevense [= Cornelia, daughter of a Steven], but here noted under the name of the place she originated from (Zutphen), and not with the patronym (Stevense)?

It remains a puzzle..
N.N.: Zutphen was also a garrison place.
Harriet zei op 7 november 2011 om 03:24
I have found a daughter of Jan and Cornelia (Anna Maria) born in May 1708 in Bergen op Zoom. Jan is listed as Johannes.
Norah zei op 7 november 2011 om 12:24
Jan is the same name as Johannes/ Joannes( his Christian name).
Bergen op Zoom was also a garrison place, like Breda and 's-Hertogenbosch for instance.

Reageer op dit verhaal

Heb je al een account? Log in met je gegevens.

Heb je nog geen account? Plaats zonder inloggen, of Registreer een account

Help spam voorkomen en los de volgende som op:
Geef mij een andere som.